Saturday, August 11, 2007

Iceberg in the cupboard.

We have a small fridge we keep for the overflow stuff that won't fit in the big fridge in the kitchen. Things like wine, tinned food, maggots, worms, hot curry flavoured spam. Anyway I took a look at it yesterday and the freezer section was solid a block of ice and inside it was so bloody disgusting. You could tell I haven't looked into it for months.

We manhandled it outside to defrost it. A bit later I was sitting on the doorstep having a smoke and I could hear it dripping. Spike started sniffing around the back of it and looking at it with a what the hell is making that noise look, his head turned this side and then t'other. Then there was a crack. Have you ever seen a dog run backward in fright, moving like lighting? Poor boy. I was nearly peeing myself because it was so funny. I know I'm just so cruel.

Few hours later we heard a very loud crash, Spike run out before we could move, hackles raised and barking his big dog bark. And there just outside the door was the flipping iceberg that was trapped inside. Now I wish I'd taken a picture because it was one impressive block of ice. It was still partly there when we got up this morning. Now it's sparkling clean and airing in the sunshine, ready and waiting for me to put more "stuff" in it. Maggots, worms and whatever will be added next year.

7 comments:

Virtualsprite said...

That is funny! Sounds very much like my spare freezer downstairs. Speaking of... should probably defrost that.

Thanks for stopping by... Always nice to have a visitor from across the pond!

Vanda said...

ROFL, that is so funny :O)

nelle said...

Har! Poor Spike...

Bailey broke our bed in the middle of the night, poor guy. Crrrrrrack! He took off, I propped it up, and after a while, he came back up on the bed. A few minutes later, the other other side let go crrrrrrack! This time, he was long gone and hard to find.

Emsxiety said...

Maggots and worms?? Why?

Kay Dennison said...

lmao!!!!!! How funny!!!

Vanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanda said...

LOL Em, John normally goes fishing and that's his bait.he's not dishing this year. Been doing for years and as long as the maggots don't get out I'm fine with it. But I've told him if I find one, only one nasty maggot lose he will have to get a fridge in his shed, and I don't give a toss if I have an extension cord hanging across the garden.