Monday, January 28, 2008

I need to blog!

That is what I've been telling myself since the second week in this month. We were so ill over Christmas, New Year and beyond. Even though we both had the flu shot, that's what I think we had. Aching, shivering, body aches, coughing our lungs up and a temperature that went from below normal to 103.6. I even had the doctor come to the house the day after Boxing day because I would never had made to the the car. I had a chest infection and man the antibiotics she and cough medicine she gave me worked like a charm. Our energy got up and went walk about and didn't come back until the middle of last week. John said he has never ever seen me down for so long. No reading, no computer I just laid on the couch ad watched what ever he was watching on TV. I never want to watch a western or war film ever again. LOL that's not going to happen though. We had our first and last pizza delivered when hubby was to ill to cook. Eh gads it was bloody awful the crust was damp! The Chinese soup went down a treat though, for three days in a row.

Hubby had his pre-admission appointment last week, four and a half hours at West Suffolk hospital. That was a looong day. We/he have to take a cab to the hospital on surgery day and I'm not sure if I'm going with him or not. I don't have an English driving licence and if I have an accident driving home, my AZ license won't cover us for insurance. I think it's going to be an all day thing, so should I go with him and get a cab into town and have a good look around the shops then hang around the hospital or should I stay home and let him go by himself. Heh, I'll most likely make that decision on the day. I am just hoping they have a bed for him when he calls at 7:30 am to make sure. I hate shopping too, so who knows, decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

thrice said...

Hi Vanda,

So sorry to hear about your illnesses. Never fun. But I am glead to hear that you are recovered.

Good luck with hubby's recovery.

Kay Dennison said...

I'm so glad you've recovered and am keeping good thoughts and prayers for hubby.

If it were me, I would go just because I were needed and not there, I'd never for give myself. I avoid guilt at all costs. Can you tell I'm Catholic? lol