Sunday, July 29, 2007

What is my country coming to?

This morning a coastguard was pushed off of a marina while investigation an incident.

A Staffordshire terrier is in critical condition after being stabbed while being walked by his owner.

Two boys shot in a drive by shooting.

A boy stabbed to death today.

A police officer was stabbed to death a few weeks ago.

**ASBO's being issued by the tens of thousands from ages 7 and up and the parents or kids just don't give a toss. It's not even just the younger generation who are getting them, mine and my kids generation are getting them too.

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg either.

For fuck sake, this is England, most of our police officers are not armed. This kind of shit just didn't happen like this 10 years ago. If this is progress I don't want to know it thank you very much.

More and more often I think that I am very glad that I'm coming up to the last few decades of my life.
But bloody hell the way things are going we will be living with anarchy rule before long.

I truly hope it is just the minority that we hear about in the news.

**Anti Social Behaviour Order.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I understand and identify with what you've said here. I am horrified at what the world has become.

Vanda said...

I think the only saving grace Kay, is that there are some really great kids out there that will become our future leaders.