Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pain clinic visit.

Long entry LOL.

So off I went to the pain clinic last week. Saw a different pain management doctor, you know the one I'm half in love with. The one who listened to me go over my written list, asked questions and talked to me. I didn't even really need John there to back me up. She wanted to poke about my back and I asked her not to because it was hurting like hell so she didn't. She believed me when I told her my pain level was at an 8 on most days.

She had given me extra pain medication, that's the same as the patch I wear but it goes under the tongue. Heheh that's another entry one of these days. The pain patch and new pills are Temgisic 200 microgram. Generic name is Buprenorphine. And let me tell you it's great fantabulous. She told me in no uncertain terms that this pain will never go away, all that can be done is make it bearable.

I'm back on the list for the Facet Joint injections, for a TENS machine and get together with the nurses on the pain management team to work out some very gentle exercises. She would like me to get a stationary bike and use it 5 minutes each day going up a minute a week until I can do 15 minutes. Sooooo guess who is on the look out for a cheap one on sale in the news agents and want ads? I don't care what it looks like as long as it works. This will be so much better than exercise class in a swimming poo. ERM I can't swim and I'm scared of water.

I can take up to 8 a day but I don't want to or I'll have to go up to the higher pain patch. I'd rather be able to self manage it, if and when I need more pain relief. Over the last 10 days or so, I have been playing around with them and 2 three times a day works terrific.

Are you bored yet???

THINGS I KNOW I CAN DO

I'm walking straight, not bent over like I'm going on 110.

Make the beds, empty the dishwasher, and pick up the kitchen before I need to rest because of the pain.

Walk the dog and or walk to the village and back walking at the speed I walked before this happened at the same time as standing upright. Sorta like chewing gum and walking at the same time LOL.

Cook a meal without wanting to cry.

Clean up the kitchen after dinner.

Empty the dryer.

I have my sense of humour back and really feel happier than I have in a long, long time.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start doing a bit more housework. John will still do the living room and vacuum all through but I can't wait to see what I can do. Hmmm note to self. Do. Not. Over. Do. Things. I'm really not going to be doing to much at once I love this being pain free for a couple of hours at a time and when I'm doing a little bit here and there.

I don't feel like a useless excuse as a women who enjoys a cleanish home.

Have I mentioned that I love drugs? LOL.

If you got this far down have a gold star.

5 comments:

TW said...

Way cool. Glad you are getting some relief.

Emsxiety said...

Awesome news.. totally awesome news!

Susan said...

That is really great that you are getting some relief and like (ok, love) your doctor. I know it is illegal to mail pharmaceuticals between countries but they sound so good! maybe....just maybe....OH Nevermind!! I'm teasing you.

I hope you continue to feel good. And forget the housework!! Put your feet up and read a good book.

Vanda said...

Waves Hi and thank you.

Barb said...

making the beds is totally overrated....hahah! glad you're feeling better.